Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Early voting resumes today at 6 locations


Early voting in the Nov. 2 election resumes today at six locations. The polls open at 10 a.m. and close at 4 p.m.
Last day of early voting is Friday, Oct. 29. Click here for the complete schedule of early voting locations and times.

County Elections Administrator Joyce Cowan sent an update on early voting results through Friday morning, Oct. 22: Total votes - 5,922. Totals from Thursday early voting at the Wimberley Community Center - 858; from the Belterra Clubhouse box, Dripping Springs - 848.

Saturday early voting locations:

Co. Elections Admin. Office
401-C Broadway
San Marcos, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

San Marcos City Library
Large Meeting Room
625 E. Hopkins
San Marcos, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

Buda City Hall
121 N. Main St
Buda, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

Kyle City Hall
100 W Center St.
Kyle, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

Dripping Springs ISD Office
510 W Mercer St
Dripping Springs, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

Wimberley Community Center
14068 Ranch Rd. 12
Wimberley, TX (10 am – 4 pm)

3 comments:

Ralph said...

My early voting philosophy - since I do not know the history, politics and temperment of many of the regional candidates I can vote for in Hays County - went as follows:

1) I voted for only two Republicans because I see most Texas Republicans being ignorant about real life economics and they lean towards repressive socially conservative beliefs - which I believe are homophobic and trample on the First Amendment guarantee of "Freedon of Religion."

2) I mindlessly voted for all Green Party candidates as I had to respect their courage to run as "green" candidates in Texas.

3) I voted for almost all Libertarian or Independent candidates when there was no choice other than another Republican candidate.

4) I voted for Democrats if I knew their record and tempermant and knew them to be good honest candidates.

5) I wrote in my name against all the Republican-only Judicial candidates who are unopposed as I am tired of seeing and hearing about the trend to incarcerate non-violent crime petty theft and marijuana violators who suck up our legal resources and totally ignore the fact that the worst crimes against US citizens are white collar criminals such as bankers, mortgage whores, real estate developers, and energy and industrial polluters who are trying to pay off legislators to make their criminal behavior legal.

I would like to know how others voted when you did not really know the candidates in a particular race.

For those of you who voted 100% straigth ticket Republican or Democrat, I would like to know what community college you got your Bachelor's degree from.

Anonymous said...

I voted a straight Republican ticket for the first time in 50 years. I just can't take the way the Dems have screwed everything up. And Yes, I miss you George W. Bush!

Watching the Idiocracy said...

Anonymous must be a masochistic and in denial at the same time. Yes, Mr Bush was so successful. Amazing ignorance among Republicans.