Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shaffer resigns from PEC Board


December 12, 2008


Media Contact: Anne Harvey, (830) 868-4933; Austin line, (512) 219-2602


Johnson City, Tx – Barbara Shaffer, District 3 Advisory Director on the Pedernales Electric Cooperative Board of Directors, has announced her resignation from the Board, effective immediately. District 3 encompasses portions of Travis and Williamson counties, including the cities of Cedar Park and Leander.


In a letter sent to PEC Board President R.B. Felps, Shaffer said, “I am grateful for the trust and confidence the membership has placed in me over the last four years. I have thoroughly enjoyed my association with fellow directors, senior management and staff.


“The experience and knowledge gained during my affiliation with this organization have proved invaluable,” Shaffer continued. “I sincerely hope that I have returned adequate service for all the experience I have received. I will continue and always support PEC as a member and community leader.”


Shaffer is vice president of Frost Bank and currently serves on the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce board of directors, Seton Northwest Hospital Advisory Board and the Cedar Park Library Foundation. She is a member of the Austin Lakeline Rotary Club and has lived in the Cedar Park area for more than 24 years.

No comments: